Are you living with type 2 diabetes? Whether newly diagnosed or working through new or changing symptoms, living with diabetes can be challenging. Better Choices, Better Health(R) Diabetes, a program developed by Stanford University and offered by the National Council on Aging, may be just what you're looking for! This program may help you:
- Understand how to eat with diabetes while still making it enjoyable
- Monitor and manage your blood sugar
- Start or maintain a regular exercise program
- Communicate better with family, friends, and your medical team
- Design your own self-management program
Better Choices, Better Health(R) Diabetes is currently being offered at NO COST for participants. This online program requires an internet connection and participants log-on 2-3 times per week for approximately 2 hours total each week.
Another self-management resource for persons with diabetes living in southwest Missouri, is to take an in-person Diabetes Self-Management Program course. This course is taught by lay leaders and runs for 2.5 hours each week for 6 weeks. To learn more about upcoming course offerings in the Springfield and Ava, Missouri areas, please click here or contact Heather Scott, Southwest Missouri RAC Coordinator.