The Leader Assistance Program is available to support facilities' and leaders' capability to provide physical activity and self-management programs in underserved counties in Central Missouri. New and existing leaders can apply to receive an Assistance Package designed to equip facilities and leaders with the initial resources needed to establish high-quality programs.
In return, leaders are requested to provide a minimum of 2 time limited programs or 1 ongoing program with in 12 months of attending training, with the goal of providing subsequent programs in order to maintain their certification.
Public Health Problem
- Over 30% of Missouri adults have arthritis.
- Many Missouri adults with chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes also have arthritis.
- Evidence-based interventions are important for controlling symptoms, disability and medical costs related to chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease and diabetes.
- Rural Missouri counties have had limited access to vital evidence-based programs.
- Partners maximize program dollars when they collaborate to ensure mutually-benefical goals.
- FREE Training
- FREE Class Materials
- FREE Incentives for Class Participants
- Program Support
- A Healthier Community!
Download Leader Assistance Program Flyer
Contact CEMRAC for complete details or Download Leader Assistance Program Application.