During a Leader Meeting hosted by the Regional Arthritis Centers, several leaders shared creative ideas they used in class to spark class participation and attendance. Here are a few to get your creative wheels spinning:
- Give participants invitations to the class to give out to their friends, family, at the grocery store, at church, etc.
- Give health providers a Pass or Coupon to give to their patients
- Offer a free class or a prize to participants who bring a friend
- Offer a weekly or monthly family activity before, during or after class and encourage participants to bring their family members
- Give prizes to participants who attend every class
- Use a roaming trophy (i.e. can of spinach) in the class as an incentive if you don't have prizes to give away
- Have a health challenge in class or between neighboring classes
- Create volunteer opportunities in class (i.e. greeter, social organizer, calendar keeper, attendance taker, etc.)
- Bring a participant to a leader event
- Take a class picture yearly
Now it's time to share your creative ideas! Post your ideas by adding a comment to this blog.